Skip to content
Enter an Elite Men’s Team in one of Australia’s premier state series, the Queensland Road Team Series (QRTS).
The QRTS comprises of three rounds of racing. Each round is different with an assortment of events including team time trials, road races, hill finishes, criteriums, and sprint segments.
Elite Men Regulations Overview
- All riders and team officials must be members of a club affiliated with Cycling Australia or hold a current International Licence.
- QRTS Elite Men’s Team shall comprise of at least 6 and no more than 10 riders of the U19, U23, Elite & Masters categories. A maximum of 6 and a minimum of 4 riders will be eligible to compete in any given round.
- Men’s Series Entry Fee is $2880
- All members of a team must have written approval from their club to allow them to compete in a team. Team members may come from different clubs.
- All members of a team must wear identical team jerseys – with exception of the riders who are wearing the classification jerseys. These jerseys must be registered with Cycling Queensland for each team member in 2018.
- The QRTS will be won on points which will be allocated to the individuals and teams after each round.
- General Classification for each round will be based on points.
- Team Points: The placings for the teams will be decided by the points of the three best-placed riders of each team added together after each event.
- Sprint Points: Sprint Classification points will be awarded to the rider with the highest number of points accumulated from intermediate sprints and event finishes.
- King of the Mountain Points: The King of the Mountain Classification leader will be the rider with the highest number of points accumulated from King of the Mountain Sprints.
- Young Rider Classification: Riders who were born between 1996 – 2002 (inclusive) will be eligible to accumulate points for the Young Rider Classification.
- One week prior to each Round, Team Managers must nominate by email, the names of the riders who will be competing in each Round plus a minimum of three reserves.